Licensing and Inspections
This branch is responsible for:
- Licensing and inspecting facilities where liquor is served and/or sold to members of the general public;
- Interpreting and enforcing the Yukon Liquor Act and Regulations to promote the responsible sale and service of alcohol throughout the Yukon;
- Maintaining good working relationships with other enforcement agencies and other licensing and inspection agencies across Canada; and
- Developing and delivering a liquor service training program to encourage the owners and employees of licensed premises and the hospitality industry to become partners in responsible sale and service.
- Work closely with stakeholders and other jurisdictions to raise public awareness of responsible alcohol consumption and the consequences of alcohol abuse.