Minors (under 19)
With conditions (see below), minors are allowed to deliver liquor in food-primary premises, enter liquor-primary premises for limited work purposes (see below), and perform in liquor-primary premises.
- The minor must be at least 16, except by special permission of the Yukon Liquor Corporation;
- Written parental consent must be kept on file at the licensed premises, available to any Liquor Inspector upon request. Parental Consent Form [13KB ];
- Minors must be closely supervised by an adult at all times;
- Minors are not allowed to be in any licensed premises where there is adult/exotic entertainment.
Entering liquor-primary premises for limited work purposes could include:
- delivering food from a kitchen to patrons
- busing tables
- working with a contractor on repairs
- completing equipment set-up and sound checks
Minors are not allowed to be servers or bartenders in liquor-primary premises.